2.2.10

grease & chocolate

I suppose it isn't a surprise to know that my coworker bailed on me. She very apologetically told me that it was her mother's birthday and that she had forgotten that she was supposed to meet her family for some Japanese cuisine. This is after she inhaled a rather sweet smelling grilled chicken sandwich. The grease that I saw dripping from it transformed it into something rather repulsive.

Happy birthday mom.

I am surrounded by people who like to eat not so delicate things. There is a bowl in the shape of a cat head that sits behind me in my office space. Day after day my rather thin supervisor fills it with chocolate covered caramels and chocolate with peanut butter stuffing. Day after day the rather large ladies at the library flock into the room and grab handfuls of the said chocolate. I like to think that my supervisor does this because she likes to listen to these ladies complain about their weight as she watches the steaks of chocolate smear their pudgy faces. I do.

Today was good. I ate minimally and felt rather good doing so. I worked out in my room as my family ate their grease filled burgers downstairs. I do have a bag of chocolate hidden in drawer beside me as I sit at my computer. I like to think about it when I have nothing to do. It makes me think about my obese, chocolate-loving coworkers. Suddenly, my desire for chocolate fades.

But I should get rid of it before it just as suddenly ruins me.

No comments:

Post a Comment